What do we do?
We are detected. We are a business verification platform. We are connected to global data networks 24/7 which enables us to gather, analyse and share this data on sellers & buyers in a user-friendly way, and bring visibility and clarity to otherwise complex and decentralised data. The information we provide both reduces on-boarding due diligence for marketplaces, whilst at the same time helps both sellers and buyers of products by letting them assess the credibility and viability of the business with which they are looking to do business with.
When an ecommerce marketplace partners with detected, we automatically enrol all their business accounts into our ‘lite’ profile package. This means that only basic company information is surfaced when for instance a seller’s listing is displayed to a potential buyer.
The business then has an option to claim its profile and become a detected Pro (as described further below). When a customer visits a detected pro profile, they will be presented with a full profile, which helps them assess the credentials of the claimed business.
Claiming a profile and becoming detected Pro costs £25 per month, inclusive of VAT. This cost includes coverage for marketplace where detected operates and on which the detected Pro business buys or sells products or services. It is also possible for a business to claim their detected Pro profile directly, and it can do so via our website.
Claiming your profile
In this section we explain how to subscribe to our paid services.
- You and Detected: When we say “you” or “your”, we mean the entity or business that you represent. When we say “Detected”, “we”, “our” or “us”, we mean the Detected business entity that you contract with as stated in section 50 of these terms. When we say “affiliate” we mean, with regard to a party, an entity or firm, controlling, controlled by, or under common control, whether directly or indirectly, with that party.
- Our platform: when we say our “platform” we mean both our website which is hosted at detected.app, as well as any page or part of a page where we issue a communication, whether that is on someone else’s webpage, or our own.
- Our services: Our “services” consist of the detected Lite, detected Pro, and any other services related to or ancillary to that which we provide now or in the future, as may be described in any quote, order form, invoice or other commercial documents or communications that we provide or place on our platform (“commercial materials”).
- detected Lite: When a marketplace signs on to receive services from Detected, all its business buyers and sellers are automatically enrolled with a detected Lite profile. This is a profile which surfaces only basic company information about that business.
- detected Pro: When you take a subscription with us, we call this claiming your detected Pro profile. When a marketplace listing is surfaced for a detected Pro profile, it includes detailed company information about the listing business concerned. It is also possible to register for detected Pro directly with us.
- Claimed Business: A business which has claimed its pro profile is called a Claimed Business.
- Subscriptions: In order to claim your profile and generate a detected pro profile, you will need to subscribe to these services (a “subscription”). The following will also apply to you:
- Subscription period: Most subscriptions run for 1month, but the specific duration of your subscription (“subscription period”) will be listed in the commercial materials that are issued or presented to you when you agree to purchase that subscription.
- Subscription renewals: At the end of each subscription period, your subscription will automatically renew for a further subscription period unless we have agreed something different with, or you or we terminate your subscription - see the Termination and suspension section below. If your subscription is not renewed, your profile will revert to the Lite Profile.
- Subscription renewal pricing: If we make any changes to the non-discounted price of your subscription, we’ll inform you at least 30 days before the next renewal date of your subscription period, which is when the new price will take effect. If we have given you a discount to our normal subscription prices, then unless we agree otherwise with you, the discount will end when your subscription renews.
- Your account responsibilities: You take responsibility for fully controlling who administrates and can access your account, how it is managed, and how you use our services. For example:
- You control access to your account. You decide who is allowed to use and access the services available through your business account (“authorised users”).
- You’re responsible for all your authorised users’ activity and their use of our services.
- You confirm that you’ll keep your contact information associated with your account (including a current email address) up to date.
- You’re responsible for providing true, accurate and complete information to us.
- You’re also responsible for protecting your username and password from getting stolen or misused.
- What we own: We own everything we’ve put into our detected services, except for any content owned by others. Our ownership includes rights in the design, compilation, and look and feel of our services. It also includes rights in copyright, trade marks, designs, inventions, and all other intellectual property and neighbouring rights and protections, whether registered, unregistered, including all those related to confidential information and the code and structure that sits behind the services which we provide (“our intellectual property”). You agree not to copy, distribute, decompile, disassemble, modify or make derivative works of any of our content or use any of our intellectual property in any way which is not expressly permitted by us. For instance this means that you are not allowed to use our logos, graphics or trade marks (“brands”) or any other content which we surface on a listing or elsewhere, unless we specifically authorise you to do so, for instance under Section 12 below.
- Feedback: We appreciate any feedback from you about our services and may use it forever without restriction or payment to you.
- Problems and support: If you have a problem, we have support articles available through our that should be able to help you with most situations. If you’ve tried that and still need help, please feel free to contact our support team at .
- Display of names, logos, and reviews: When you become a Claimed Business you allow us to use your name and logo on our website and as a part of a general list of customers for use and reference in corporate, promotional and marketing material.
- Don’ts: While we can’t cover everything here, here are some important examples of things you must never do:
- Do something which we consider undermines the security or integrity of our platform.
- Use our platform or services in any way that might impair functionality or interfere with other people’s use.
- Access our platform or services without permission.
- Introduce or upload anything to our platform or services that includes a virus or other malicious code.
- Modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer or extract the source code of any part of our platform or services.
- Resell, transfer, licence, lease or provide our services in any way not expressly permitted through our services.
- Repackage, resell, or sublicense any data accessed through our platform or services.
- Act in a manner that we consider is abusive or disrespectful to a Detected employee or partner. We will not tolerate any abuse or bullying of our employees or partners in any situation, including in any interaction with our support teams.
Some of the above may not be possible to definitively determine to our mutual satisfaction, for instance whether you have undermined the integrity of our platform. We are the sole arbiters of whether we consider that you have breached any of the above, and whilst we may try to explain our decision to you, you agree that the decision we reach is in our absolute and sole discretion.
To help make your experience of our services even more powerful, our ecosystem includes integrations to products and services made available by other businesses (for example, e-commerce platforms).
- Other services: To help you maximise the potential of our services we understand you may want to use data, products and services of other businesses (which we call “third-party products”) and connect them with our platform and services. We may help streamline that process for you by making available integrations to third-party products, such as Shopify or Bigcommerce, for you to use. These companies may have additional terms and conditions that apply to you and those terms and conditions shall cover your use of the third-party products, not these terms. Any third-party providing a third-party product is a “third-party provider” and is independent of us, so be aware that a third-party provider may also charge you fees in addition to what you pay us.
- Third-party terms and descriptions: Third-party products are subject to terms and conditions and privacy notices set by their providers. These likely include how the providers will use the data that you make available to them. The descriptions of third-party products that we publish, and any associated links, have been provided to us by the providers. While we make reasonable efforts to check the accuracy of those descriptions, the providers are solely responsible for them. We don’t endorse or assume any responsibility for third-party products and are not liable to you in respect of them.
Pricing and Payments
Unless you’re on a free trial or using one of our vouchers, then you’ll need to subscribe and pay to have detected Pro profile. The price and any other terms that are specific to you are explained when you purchase our services.
- Trials: We may offer you a trial or provide you with a voucher which lets you access some or all of our services for free, or at a discounted price (“the trial period”). After the trial period, unless you cancel your subscription at least 2 hours before the end of the trial period, your paid subscription will commence, and we will charge you for the first subscription period.
- Subscriptions: The subscription pricing and structure of the model may vary by region and other factors. The price and any other terms that are specific to your subscription are set out in the commercial materials that you accept when you agree to purchase that subscription.
- Vouchers and discounts: Any free trial, price discount, or other pricing structure that we may offer to you, will not continue after its expiry, may have expired or been cancelled by us before you have an opportunity to take up the offer.
- Subscriptions for Life: We may offer, in some regions or for a limited period of time, an option for you to purchase a Subscription for Life. This is a subscription at an agreed price or discount, the price and discount for which will not change from year to year, and will continue for so long as neither you nor we terminate or otherwise end the services.
- No refunds or credit: Unless we’ve specifically stated elsewhere in these terms, we will not owe you any refund or credit if you or we terminate your subscription in accordance with these terms.
- Taxes for your use of our services: Our prices are stated inclusive of taxes. You’re responsible for paying all relevant fees and taxes associated with your use of our services wherever levied, including value added tax, sales tax or other similar charges if they apply.
- Invoices: All your invoices are available for you to view or download via your account. When we issue you with a new invoice, this is where we will store it. If you wish to have a hardcopy of your invoice please download and print it from here.
- Importance of timely payments: In order to continue accessing the services included in your subscription, you need to make timely payments based on the price of the subscription you selected. Unless your subscription order details say something else, the fees for each subscription period are owed to us monthly in advance (with the first payment being collected when you take out a paid subscription, unless you have free trial, in which case it shall be taken once the free trial element has ended), and if we have issued an invoice to you, you must pay that within the number of days set out in the invoice. To avoid delayed or missed payments, please make sure we have accurate payment information. If we don’t receive timely payments, we may suspend, or even end your access to our services - see the Termination and suspension section.
Privacy and data use
We may receive and process personal data relating to your authorised users, which we cover in this section.
- Privacy laws: We each agree to comply with all applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations, including without limitation Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (the General Data Protection Regulation) (the “GDPR”).
- Personal data: Personal data we collect about your authorised users or other people who represent you (including your employees) in connection with creating and administering your subscription, providing customer services to you, or signing-up for our services and using them, will be handled by us in accordance with our .
Security is something we take seriously and we will do what we can to keep your data secure, but we need your cooperation to protect our services and your data.
- Playing your part to keep your data secure: You have an important part to play by keeping your login details secure, not letting any other person use them, and by making sure you have strong security on your own systems. If you realise there’s been any unauthorised use of your password or any breach of security to your account or email address linked to your account, you need to let us know immediately. You also agree not to use free-form fields in any of our systems or services to store personal data, (unless it’s a field explicitly asking for personal data - like a first name or last name).
We take reasonable precautions to protect your confidential information and expect that you’ll do the same for ours.
- Keeping it confidential: While using our services, you may share confidential information with us, and you may become aware of confidential information about us. You and we both agree to take reasonable steps to protect the other party’s confidential information from being accessed by unauthorised individuals, entities or other third-parties. You or we may share each other’s confidential information with legal, governmental or regulatory authorities if required by law to do so. We may also share your information on a similar confidential basis with the other companies in our group, our advisers, auditors and financiers, and any third parties carrying out due diligence on our business. Information will not be considered confidential if the recipient of the information already knew the information and it was not subject to confidential treatment, or the information is publicly available (but not as a result of a breach of confidentiality).
Termination and suspension
This section explains when your subscription and/or access to our services can be terminated or suspended.
Your termination rights:
If you have a subscription:
- If you don’t want your subscription to automatically renew for any reason: If you don’t want your subscription to automatically renew at the end of a subscription period, you need to cancel it from your account at least 24 hours before the end of your current subscription period.
You will not get a refund for the time remaining in your subscription period, and even after you’ve cancelled your renewal, you’ll still have access to the services included in your subscription for the remainder of the current subscription period. Once your subscription period has ended, you will still have access to any services we provide via our Lite Profile.
- Terminating your subscription immediately because of our material breach: You may terminate your subscription immediately if:
- we materially breach any of these terms and do not remedy the breach within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach from you; or
- we materially breach any of these terms and the breach cannot be remedied.
If you terminate your subscription because of our material breach, you will immediately lose access to the services included in your subscription. You won’t get a refund or credit for anything you have already paid - but if there are any subscription fees for the remaining part of the subscription period that have not yet become payable, then you won’t need to pay us those fees.
Our termination and suspension rights:
If you have a subscription:
- If we don’t want to renew your subscription for any reason: We can terminate your subscription at the end of any subscription period by giving you at least 30 days’ notice before it ends.
You’ll still have access to the services included in your subscription for the remainder of the current subscription period - and, if you haven’t already paid, you will still be responsible for paying all subscription fees for the whole of the current subscription period.
- Immediate termination by us: We may also terminate your subscription or terminate or remove access to detected Pro profile or all or any of our services immediately if:
- you materially breach any of these terms and do not remedy the breach within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach;
- you materially breach any of these terms and the breach cannot be remedied;
- you fail to pay the full amount of your subscription on time;
- you become insolvent or go into liquidation or have a receiver or manager appointed over any of your assets, you make any arrangement with your creditors, or become subject to any similar insolvency event in any jurisdiction;
- if your use of our services poses a risk to our platform; or
- in our discretion we determine that your business values or core beliefs are in conflict with ours.
If you haven’t already paid, you will still be responsible for paying all subscription fees for the whole of the current subscription period (except when we’ve terminated because your business values or core beliefs conflicted with ours, in which case we’ll refund the portion of the subscription fee that you’ve prepaid for the remaining part of your subscription period).
- Suspension: We may suspend all or part of your access and use of our platform and/or services:
- if in our discretion we think that you are in breach of these terms;
- if you fail to pay the full amount of your subscription on time; or
- if in our discretion we think your use of our services poses a security risk to our platform.
You will remain responsible for all subscription fees incurred during the period of suspension and you will not be entitled to any refund or credit.
Liability and indemnity
This section is important as it outlines responsibility and liability between us and you, so we urge you to read it closely and in full.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: OUR SERVICES AND WEBSITES ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: OTHER THAN LIABILITY THAT WE CAN’T EXCLUDE OR LIMIT UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, OUR AND OUR AFFILIATES’ LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SERVICES OR THESE TERMS, IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED AS FOLLOWS:
- WE AND OUR AFFILIATES HAVE NO LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES FOR ANY LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFIT, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF CUSTOMERS, LOSS OF CAPITAL, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, DAMAGE TO REPUTATION, LOSS IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OTHER CONTRACT, OR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR SPECIAL LOSS, DAMAGE OR EXPENSE (INCLUDING LEGAL COSTS).
- WE AND OUR AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR CONDUCT, ANY OF YOUR CUSTOMERS’ OR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS’ CONDUCT AND/OR ANY OTHER THIRD-PARTY’S CONDUCT ON OR CONCERNING OUR PLATFORM.
- OUR AND OUR AFFILIATES’ TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IS LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT YOU PAID US FOR OUR SERVICES IN THE 12 MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH THE CLAIM GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY AROSE.
This section outlines how disputes may be resolved.
- Dispute resolution: Most of your concerns can be resolved quickly and to everyone’s satisfaction by contacting us through our Support Centre. If you and we are not able to resolve the issue, you and we agree to bring claims only in the courts of general jurisdiction in the applicable venue listed in section 50 below.
- Changes to these terms: We can make changes to these terms from time to time. We’ll try to let you know of material changes beforehand if we can - unless we need to make those changes immediately for reasons outside our control, like a change in law. If a change isn’t material, we may not notify you. The new terms will not apply retrospectively to your use of our services before the terms changed, but the new terms will immediately apply to you without any further acceptance, confirmation or action by you. You can keep track of changes to our terms by referring to the version and the date last updated written at the top of the terms.
- Changes to our services: We may change or discontinue one or more of our services from time to time at our discretion. If we make material changes to the functionality of one of our services, you can contact us and, in our discretion, we may choose to refund a portion of the subscription fee for that service that you’ve prepaid for the remaining part of your subscription period - or give you credit that you can use during the remaining part of your subscription period towards other services that we provide.
- Events outside our control: We do our best to control what we can. We or our affiliates aren’t liable to you for any failure or delay in performance of any of our obligations under these terms arising out of any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
- Transfer: We may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of our rights or obligations in these terms to any other entity or firm in our discretion. You may assign, transfer or subcontract your rights and/or obligations, but only with our advance written consent.
- Language: All communications and notices made under these terms must be in English. If we provide a translation of these terms, the English language version will take precedence.
- Enforcement of terms: If there’s any part of these terms that either you or we are legally unable to enforce, that part will be ignored but everything else will remain enforceable.
- Interpretation: Words like ‘include’, ‘like’, and ‘for example’ are not words of limitation and where anything is within our discretion we mean our absolute and sole discretion.
- Our contracting entities; law and venue: Our contracting entities are listed below along with what law and venue shall apply in any dispute between you and us, unless notified otherwise in commercial materials provided to you when you sign up. If you’re contracting from a region outside of the UK then we will notify you of the entity you’re contracting with on the commercial materials we provide to you when you sign up.
- Region: United Kingdom
Entity: Detected Ltd
Registration number: 12781602
Address: c/o Enterprise House Beesons Yard, Bury Lane, Rickmansworth, England, WD3 1DS
Law: England and Wales
Venue: England and Wales